Analysis of the quality of lenses and mirrors manufacturing Complete characterization of light sources Characterization of optical properties of materials
Analysis of the quality of lenses and mirrors manufacturing
To analyze the quality of manufacture of lenses and mirrors, we have several devices that measure the characteristics of optical surfaces.
- Scanner Laser 3D for big pieces (LDI 3D Scanner System. Somatech ). It enables to understand the profile of mirrors of diameter above 1 meter with a precision of less than 10 microns. One can also obtain the complete profile (3D) of lenses of any size.
- 3D Laser Scanner for parts of medium and small size (NextEngine Desktop 3D Scanner). 3D profile of lenses smaller than 20 cm in diameter is obtained with an accuracy of 1 micron.
- Surface roughness. One uses a profilometer (MICROMEASURE 2. 3D Measuring system. Light Tec. Stil) and gets precision of up to 10 nm for measurements of flat surfaces. Ideal device to analyze the micro-roughness of optical surfaces that normally produce light scattering. The device can also be used to define surface profiles.
- Viewing defects. Microscope for direct visualization of manufacturing defects on surfaces.
Complete characterization of light sources
In the Advanced Optics Laboratory of the center we have the equipment necessary to fully characterize a light source of any type:
- Light source spectrum. We have a Spectro-radiometer (GS 1252 Light Tec Spectroradiometer Gamma Scientific). With this equipment we can meet the spectrum of the light source. The spectral band that can be measured is from 0.25 to 1.1μm, covering ultraviolet-visible-near infrared. The device not only gets the relative spectral characteristic, but is also radiometer, which allows calculation of the light source radiance.
- Far-field pattern. Combined system Radiometer + Optics + Display (LUCA PHOTOMETRIC bench, Light Tec Opsira), the pattern can be obtained from any source of light (headlamps, bulbs, LED's etc.). The equipment can also measure luminance, illuminance and luminous intensity of the source.
- Illuminance measurement. Light Meter/Radiometer is available (Radiometer / Photometer Light Tec DR 2000-1 Gamma Scientific)) for the rapid measurement of illumination without using the above equipment.
Characterization of optical properties of materials
With available equipment one can characterize the properties as absorption, reflection and dispersion of optical surfaces and materials:
- Spectral absorption. We have a Xenon light source (96000 150 W Solar Simulator, Newport) with the optics needed to achieve different angular distributions of light. With this source and the spectro-radiometer one can know the spectral absorption of flat material samples.