5-Sided Cave® (i-Space®)
CeDInt counts with an i-SPACE® infrastructure, a Cave Automated Virtual Environment of 5 rear projection screens arranged in CUBE (three walls, floor and ceiling) and which, in combination with the Stereo Active Infitec + projection technology, provide an advanced fully immersive 3D visualization experience.
The CAVE® infrastructure comprises the following components:
- 5 multichannel rear-projection screens: frontal + 2 lateral + ceiling + floor (4:3 format, 3,20 x 2,40 m.).
- 5 high resolution 3D projectors / video systems, 3D BARCO Galaxy 12 HB+ with DLPTM technology, native resolution SXGA+, 12000 ANSI lumens of brightness and contrast.
- 6 HPxw9400 workstation in cluster configuration with: 2 AMD Opteron 2220SE, 2.8MHz, 1MB of cache, 8GB ECC DDR2 667MHz RAM, 300GB HDD SAS 3Gb / s 10K rpm, Graphics Card nVidia Quadro FX5600 PCIe with 1.5GB of memory, DVD + /-RW 16x LightScribe, Intel PRO/1000 network card GT, 1Gibabit, Card SB X-Fi audio ExtremeAudio and Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64-bit.
- Tracking System and interaction devices: stereoscopic glasses Infitec ® deLuxe, Flystick for first person navigation, ARTtracking optical tracking with 6 degrees of freedom (position and orientation), four cameras equipped with CCD image sensors operating in the spectrum of near infrared light and two reference systems.
- Surrounding audio system based on technology 5.1.
- Virtual environment development platform.
- Ultra high speed network connectivity.