Eficiencia energética - Internet de las cosas
The Energy Efficiency and Internet of Things (IoT) group at CeDInt has a wide background in the communication protocols and control technologies for energy efficiency most used in industry. Its scientific activity is focused on the development of new intelligent ICT-based systems integrating ambient intelligence and context awareness algorithms for the implementation of energy efficiency strategies in buildings and other environments. More specifically, the group has a broad experience in the development of Open-IoT (Internet of Things) standard based in open software and hardware that comprise wireless networks for monitoring and control (energy consumption, ambient parameters and presence of users) and middleware platforms for intelligent control of buildings and other infrastructures (street lighting, Industry 4.0, etc.).
Research in Internet of things (IoT) applied to the development of smart environments and energy efficiency:
- Usability and interoperability testing.
- Technologies and protocols integration (KNX, Lonworks, X-10, DALI, ZigBee, EnOcean, 6LoWPAN, etc.).
- Development of multi-technology building automation platforms for control (lighting, HVAC, blinds, loads and appliances) and monitoring.
- Design of friendly and intuitive graphical web and mobile user-interfaces.
- Standardization definition.
- Development of hardware devices (sensors, actuators and coordinator nodes) compatible with IoT(Internet of Things) standards.
- Development of wireless sensor networks based on open standards (IPv6).
3.- ICT-based systems for Energy Efficiency in Buildings:
- In Home Displaysand multi-metering systems: real-time consumption monitoring (electricity, water and gas).
- Intelligent metering:swdevelopment for consumption processing, analysis and forecasting.
- Design and development of swmodules for OSGigateways.
- Design and development of advanced control systems and user interfaces for building Energy Monitoring and Management.
- Development and implementation of Energy Efficiency Managementalgorithms and applications using Residential Gateways.
- Cloud services (energy management, security…) in building management platforms.
- Energy certification of buildings: application of tools and methodologies according to legislation
- Analysis of the impact of BMSs on the energy performance of buildings.
- Definition and analysis of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for the energy performance of buildings evaluation
5.- Smart Environments:
- Integration of Ambient Intelligence(AmI) and Context Awareness concepts in Residential Gateways.
- AmI(Ambient Intelligence) applied to self-learning control of efficient solid-state lighting systems
- Intelligent Optimization Algorithms (Artificial Intelligence, Ontologies, Fuzzy Logic, etc.): energy consumption prediction
6.- Smart Grids:
- Development of advanced control solutions for energy management in buildings as active elements into theSmart Grid
- Definition of ICT-based Demand Response and Dynamic-prizing services
7.- Smart Lighting:
- Intelligent control systems for Indoor and street lighting .
- Dimming based on presence and ambient lighting
- Use of RGB LED technology for the creation of comfortable environments
8.- Environment and sustainability:
- Software tools development for the validation of REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation) and CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) methodologies.
- Wireless sensor networks development for monitoring the environmental status of forests: CO2 emissions and fire det
ABIDI addresses key challenges of reliable industrial IoT networks, big data analytics, edge computing, contextualization, veracity and knowledge discovery, which are...
El Internet de las Cosas (IoT) y las redes inalámbricas para conexión de dispositivos (WDN) son esenciales para mejorar los procesos de automatización, aumentar la productividad...
The main goal of the symbIoTe Project is to provide an abstraction layer to allow a “unified visión” of various platforms or vertical solutions which belong to the IoT ecosystem...
Our body self-regulation to maintain internal balance against changes in the external environment is known as homeostasis. The human skin is regulating the exchanges between...
The main goal of the project is to achieve a non invasive solution for power consumption measurements in distribution panels. A self-powered device has been designed exploiting...
MAIGE project focuses on the concept of Asset Management, with a direct impact on the level of inspection and maintenance of installations of gas and electricity distribution....
TR@ NSENER challenge is to respond to RIS3 (Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialisation) commitments of each region involved in the project (Spain, France and...
ALLIPOP is a technical solution able to deal with the great growth of the current extreme to extreme (E2E) networks within the Internet of Things. Based on the capillary...
Project aimed to reduce electric consuption of greenhouses and labs of the CBGP research center by consuption monitoring and alternate ligting technology provission and...
CPSE Labs is a European Union-funded initiative with a mission to support small and medium-sized businesses which engineer or operate dependable cyber-physical systems (CPS) in...
|Living Lab Illumination||
This Project aims to enhance the outdoor illumination infrastructure at Montegancedo Campus. It provides a smart illumination system which is able to measure the reflected...
|TUD COST Action TU1204||
Cities are the future. In 2008, the percentage of people living in urban areas surpassed those living rural communities. This Action co-ordinates a trans-disciplinary network of...
The European project TEDS4BEE, aiming at reducing energy consumption in public buildings’ through an experimental digital monitoring service.
BatNet is a wireless devices network that uses IPv6 as the main communication protocol. This allows the communication among all the different kinds of devices, creating a mesh...
This project aims to develop a new service which will be able to modify remotely and automatically the lighting level, air conditioning and security conditions of any room...
This project describes the design and development of a HVAC control system for a commercial building. This system is aimed to optimize user comfort and to reduce energy...
Ciudad 2020 aims to become a reference project for the Smart City concept in Spain, conceiving a new model of Smart City which encompasses the main areas within a...
The objective of singer project is the design and development of an intelligent system able to manage the energy through building architectonical envelope restoration, aiming at...
The project LABXXI will let use in the short time a new model of laboratory addressed to the people, resources optimization and environmental protection.
BatMP is a software platform or middleware designed for the monitoring and management of buildings through the data obtained from electronic devices.
The project proposes a study of possible energy savings in lighting and air conditioning offering home automation technology applications in social housing promoted by the “...
The aim of the project Ecommontech is to develop a tool suitable to certify that a particular area is being reforested through a REDD mechanism (Reducing Emissions from...
The goal of this project is the design and development of a building energy management intelligent system, for the achievement of a high energy efficiency incorporating...
The project studies the application of new technologies in the hotel environment in order to get advantages for the client and the manager. It covers research in many fields...
The general objective of the project is the creation of a energy management web platform for a group of buildings
The key goal of the project is to develop a web based technology platform which enables a real time monitoring of environmental factors (temperature, humidity, CO2 levels...etc...
This experimental development project aims to build an intelligent platform able to show in an unified manner the most usual energy and resources consumptions in a household, i....
This is a four year long project (2009-12) that tries to create an energy distribution model adjusted to electricity supply and demand requirements.
Design and developeent of a platform for Monitoring, Evaluation and Intelligent Control of Energy Efficiency in the Building Industry.
This is a four year long project (2007-10) with a 30 million € budget that tries to establish the principal issues of a smart, safe and efficient electricity distribution...
The objective of the project is to design and develop an unified platform for the measuring of electricity, gas and water consumptions in the household.
The “Technological Surveillance” report, describes the overall context where energy efficiency and sustainability are positioned, with special stress in the residential design and building in...
|Solar Decathlon 2007||
Solar Decathlon is a competition organized by the U.S. Department of Energy for universities from all over the world, that challenges collegiate teams to design, build, and...
Main objective is the design, test and spread of energy management services for houses, relying on ambient intelligence techniques.
Creation of a European Lab network where potential users may test prototype products and systems before they are introduced to mass market.