Advanced infratructure for smart lighting urban illumination.
Why and how we light?
- To improve visibility
- To extend the day
- To enhance commerce and "urban" activities (leisure)
- To feel safer
- Primal fear of the dark
HOW to improve lighting?
- Minimizing glare/blinding
- Use white light allows lower illumination levels
- Illumination level reduction can be done keeping the same target visibility: https://youtu.be/VrqOWTPX7eQ
- Contrast matters (more that uniformity or lighting level)
- Use warm Correlated Color Temperature (CCT): http://www.lrc.rpi.edu/programs/nlpip/lightinganswers/lightsources/whati...
Speaker in the International Summer School on “Smart Grids and Smart Cities”. European cooperation Network on Energy Transition in Electricity. Universidad de Barcelona, España.